It’s always nice to have a quick snack to grab when you feel a little hungry. I like to keep a variety of cheeses and meats in the refrigerator for quick bites. Sometimes, I am craving something a little sweet. While browsing some coconut recipes, I found a no bake cookie recipe. The original recipe used real maple syrup which is really high in carbs so I used some Walden Farms no calorie maple flavored syrup instead which is sweetened with Splenda and has zero carbs.
After receiving a comment about baking these cookies, I figured I’d give it a try. Turns out they are just as good or better after baking in a 400 degree F oven. You can eat them either way, but I prefer them baked to toast the coconut. Thanks for the comment Brenda!
- 3 cups unsweeetened flaked coconut
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup Walden Farms pancake syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together all ingredients until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoon sized mounds onto parchment paper lined sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store covered in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If you like crisp cookies, they can be put on a cookie sheet and baked in a 400 degree F oven 5-10 minutes until browned.
Net Carbs per cookie: 1 g