Take advantage of the end of summer with sweet corn and delicious ripe tomatoes with this easy side dish, perfect to go along anything you ‘re grilling! Also great as a light lunch, and the dressing is creamy yet light, the perfect compliment.
This has been my go-to salad these past few weeks. I even brought it to a pool party and it was all the rave. With fresh tomatoes coming out of my garden I am taking advantage as much as I can as I know my summer tomato days are numbered.
SUMMER CORN, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH CREAMY BUTTERMILK-DIJON DRESSING
Take advantage of the end of summer with sweet corn and delicious ripe tomatoes with this easy side dish, perfect to go along anything you ‘re grilling! The dressing is creamy yet light, the perfect compliment.
FOR THE DRESSING (MAKES 3/4 CUP):
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp 1% buttermilk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 head romaine, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium corn on the cobb, cooked and cut off husk*
- 4 to 5 large grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large avocado (3 oz), sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
*Quickest way to cook the corn is put it in microwave 3 minutes with husk on, then let cool and peel.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl, top with corn, tomatoes, avocado and red onion and drizzle with dressing.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 4
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 147
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 137mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 3.5g